Thursday, August 26, 2010

Take My Hands, Lord, Before I Kill That Rabbit!

I never realized when God called us to home school our children how difficult it would be! I knew it would be fun and exciting, but I didn't think about the day to day things. This week, I was reminded that homeschooling would be for me a time where I give myself daily to Jesus so that He can pour my love and knowledge into my kids.

So even today when I can't go to the bathroom by myself I am reminded that I need to give God my time...when I wanted five minutes by myself to drink a cup of coffee, I had to give that time to God. When I wanted to speak sarcasm instead of loving words, I needed to give God my lips...when I wanted to kill the rabbit that keeps coming back day after day and causing the dogs to bark, I am reminded to give my hands to God...:)

This is an adventure. Homeschooling is the BEST thing I have ever done. I have gotten to know my kids in such a deeper way. God has revealed to me some things in my own life that my children have learned from me that need to change. Through it all, God brings joy to me in the little things. It may be through a little giggle. It may be through being greeted by Slade with a "Hello, Miss Piggy!" It may be through my kids rolling around on the floor wrestling all together. These things are so small, but they bring BIG joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment